WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Night 4 of course- Texture, form and composition

Old 03-02-12, 12:19

Default Night 4 of course- Texture, form and composition

So Wednesday nights lesson started with a PowerPoint presentation on some influential artists and what made the photos with questions to us about the we considered the photo to offer in terms of context which was interesting.

After this we were to choose an or several objects that we felt offered something and shoot them in our own style whilst trying to offer a unique perspective. I went for the Russian Dolls against a black background and stood them one behind the other to the left of the photo and getting nice and close focused on the second one in the parade which had a cheeky but amusing face. It looked like the naughty child in the school photo.

After this we went into the light studio and shot again but this time with the use of a light box. I noticed every one was shooting at 45 degrees to the box so I set up my tripod and shot directly down onto some lemons I had cut very thinly. I then adjusted my white balance to dark on strobe lighting and used a dark polariser and ended up with a great couple of photos. I really enjoyed the process and would like to invest in a light box.

All in all it was a good lesson and I learned a great deal. At the end of each lesson we show off a photo we took that week and again my picture was really well received which was lovely. Roll on next Wednesday!
Old 03-02-12, 18:40

sounds like fun & you are learning all the time

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 03-02-12, 19:59

Sounds great again, really making you think. Light box? Hah, that's the beginning! The list will grow!